Last Updated: 10/01/2018
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION
The Company, on its own or through third parties or agents, may collect and use Your personal information. Personal information includes information or data that can be used to identify You. Without limitation, this may include:
- Your name, email, address, telephone number, gender, and date or birth;
- Information that You provide for the purpose of becoming a member;
- information that You provide for the purpose of registering with the Site;
- information that You provide to complete a member profile;
- information that You provide to verify Your identity to access Our services;
- information relevant to events and transactions conducted over the Site, including registration for an event, booking rooms, and billing; and
- information that You provide for the purpose of subscribing to communications.
Non-Personal Information Collection
The Company, on its own or through third parties or agents, may collect and use Your non-personal information. This information and data does not specifically identify You as an individual. Without limitation, this may include:
- information from Your internet browser whenever You visit or use the Site (sometimes call “Log Data” or “Log Files”);
- preferred language options on the Site;
- Your internet protocol address;
- Your internet service provider;
- Your referring and exit pages;
- Your operating system;
- which pages You visit on Our Site;
- the time and date of Your visit and use of Our pages; and
- additional statistical information.
AGGREGATING AND COMBINING INFORMATION
At times, we may aggregate certain personal information and/or non-personal information in a manner that does not identify You to determine information about Our customers, including where Our customers are located.
We may also combine personal information with non-personal information. If We do so, we will treat such combined information as personal information.
Third Parties WORKING WITH US
The Company collects on its own, and employs third parties and third-party technology to assist with, transactions, marketing, and analytics. The Company and these third parties may collect personal information and non-personal information that is shared with Us regarding Your use of Our Site.
USING PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Company may use Your personal information to:
- administer this Site;
- personalize the Site for You;
- enable Your access to use the Site and its services;
- conduct transactions and send You services that You purchase;
- to process payments and fulfill purchase requests;
- send You statements and invoices;
- send You promotional and marketing communications, including direct mail, direct email, and content;
- register You for events and services that you request;
- publish the contents of Your member profile if You choose to make that information public, including without limitation narrative information in Your profile and whether You are checked into the Company’s facilities;
- contact You; and
- address customer service issues You may have.
USING NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
Because non-personal information does not identify You, We may collect, use, and disclose non-personal information for any lawful purpose in Our sole discretion.
Cookies, Beacons, and Opting Out
We use these cookies to help Us do a number of things to enhance Your experience, including to:
- understand and save Your preferences for future visits;
- ensure You do not need to login multiple times through user identification tracking;
- compile statistics and reports on Our Site and web traffic activity;
- track and target Your interests to enhance Your experience on Our Site, including searches and web traffic adjacent to activity on the Site;
- allow for integration with social media; and
- provide other services related to the Site.
If at any time You wish to opt out of receiving marketing materials or emails from the Company, You may do so by contacting Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Company’s Site is not intended for use by children under the age of 18.
We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from children under the age of 18. We may receive information from a parent about his/her child(ren) so the parent can register his/her child(ren) for certain services with Us. However, that information will only be collected from a parent or guardian and not from the child(ren).
We encourage parents and guardians to spend time with their children online and to be fully familiar with the online services used by their children. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child under 18 has provided Us with information without his or her consent, he or she should contact Us at email@example.com. As required by law, We will delete such information from Our files within a reasonable time.
California minors under 18 years old may request the removal of any information that they posted to this Site by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon such request, the Company will anonymize or remove from public view any content posted by a minor to Our Site, unless required by law to retain such content or information.
For sales transactions, through a third party or on Our own We may collect payment information, including credit/debit card information and billing information. When You purchase through Our Site, We collect information related to each transaction, including what services You purchased or did not purchase, the price paid, Your method of payment, and any promotional information related to the transaction. Additionally, We collect order information for the purpose of better targeting Our advertising and promotions for You.
SURVEYS AND PROMOTIONS
SECURING YOUR DATA
The Company will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, disclosure, or alteration of Your personal information. The Company will store all the personal information You provide on its secure servers. While the Company will employ reasonable security practices to protect Your information, no method of storage or electronic transmission is 100% secure, and as such, the Company cannot guarantee absolute security of any information You have provided.
Usernames & Passwords: It is important that You protect and maintain the security of any account and that You notify Us immediately of any unauthorized use of Your account. Do not disclose Your password to anyone else.
The Site contains links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by the Company. The Company is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any other such websites and encourages You to review the privacy policies of those websites. This includes, but is not limited to, social media sites (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, etc.) which are not affiliated with the Company.
DATA PRIVACY INQUIRIES AND ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
If You believe the personal information we have for you is inaccurate, incomplete, or no longer current, please contact us at email@example.com so we can update, remove, or correct the information if appropriate to do so.
Although Our Site is intended for users in the United States only, We realize that people outside the United States may subscribe to our newsletter for updates or may apply for a membership. If You are in one of the following European Economic Area countries (collectively “EEA Countries”), We will only subscribe You to Our newsletter based upon Your request to Us through Our online form and We will use Your personal information provided as part of Your membership application only for the purposes of processing Your application: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.
If You would like to request to review, correct, update, suppress, object, restrict, or delete personal information that You have previously provided to us, or if You would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your personal information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent any of these rights are provided to you by applicable law, including for the law of the EEA Countries), You may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to Your request consistent with applicable law.
In Your request, please make clear what personal information You would like to have changed, whether You would like to have Your personal information suppressed from our database or otherwise let Us know what limitations You would like to put on Our use of Your personal information. For your protection, We may only implement requests with respect to the personal information associated with the particular email address that You use to send Us Your request, and We may need to verify Your identity and obtain other relevant information before implementing Your request. We will undertake our best efforts to comply with Your request as soon as reasonably practicable and as required by law.
For Site users in the EEA Countries, You may lodge a complaint with a data protection authority for Your country or region, or where an alleged infringement of applicable data protection law occurs. For more information, see the following link: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
Address: The Assemblage, 114 East 25th Street, New York, NY 10010.
Phone: (646) 849-9861.